2013-11-03

Sneak Preview: I Got the Numbers

Alpha Auer: No. 5 to the extend

Another collaborative project opens today at LEA17:  "... give the numbers!", curated by AIR Giovanna Cerise who dedicated the sim for this round to numbers. I covered her installation "Arithmos" here.

Betty Tureaud: No. 7 with iridiscent mesh patterns. Sit on the moving balls to appreciate.

Artists in the projects are: Alpha Auer, Ataro Asbrink, Betty Tureaud, Daco Monday, La Baroque, Noke Yuitza, Paola Milla, Pol Jarvinen and Taralyn Gravois.

Noke Yuitza: No. 3 inspired her to trinity

While I felt in the Moving Islands and the Gaia projects a frame, a common spirit that holds the projects together I see it here falling apart. It is always interesting to see the different ways of approach of artists to cover a theme, but why do numbers appear double while others are missing? With one contribution I was completely lost which number I was supposed to find. To be honest, to my opinion the amount of invested thoughts and work seems to have the same wide variation as the quality of the outcoming results. Of course I show here some of my favourites.


As with MIXED PIXELS at Art India Gallery, Ataro Asbrink made it again to create one of the highlights of the event. Enjoy!

Opening today, Sunday, 3rd November 2013 at 1.30 pm SLT

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA17/56/162/801

1 comment:

Winter said...

Totally agree with you. Ataro's was my favourite.He always finds his way to surprise and come up with something totally different