2013-09-11

Analytic Eyes


What I really love with my friend Melusina Parkin is her great sense for style derived from a huge knowldege of history of art design. Many of you may remember the Art Deco exhibtion that she made at Art India Gallery where I asked her to implement her Art Deco furniture too. The exhibition gave her the deserved attention.


But she can not only Art Deco. In her exhibtion "hidden geometries" she presents SL photography imfluenced by Futurism, Bauhaus and Cubism in perfection that I saw it before the installation fully rezzed and I could read her wall poster:


The most fascinating for me is that she is not copying. She is playing with the styles, but her works are always Melusina Parkin. Just a handful photographers in Second Life made it to develop a unique style which immediately can be recognized.. Besides her I especially think of William Weaver, Neva Crystall and Petra Messioptra. Melu's style is the reduction to clear forms, the most important trend in all art and design of the 20th century. Reduction deserves mastership, decoration can cover weak spots. I really wish I had her analytic eyes to see the forms in the details, I highly adore that ability.

Opening Today a1 1,30 PM SLT

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Solaris%20Island/137/51/3202

No comments: