2014-03-15

I Am The Creature



Usually I am not a fan of note cards once you enter an art installation, because they often replace the missing ability of the artists to express with their works. Weeks ago Livio Korobase told me that he was almost done with the installation at LEA11 and that he would like to hear my opinion. I went there walked around and appreciated the funny builds, obviously inspired by Surrealists like Rene Magritte. But I felt lost. All that made no sense to me. So I asked my friend Trill Zapatero, an artist RL and SL to come with me. Same result. She pointed out that the human mind always tries to decipher a structure and  wanted me to ask Livio what he wants to express. Talking to Livio later I understood that we already got the goal of the work. It gives us a feeling how it is to explore a strange world.


The installation is basing on a famous cinema horror classic from 1954 : Creature from the Black Lagoon. I must admit that I saw once the beginning of the movie in TV and found it that much ridiculous that I switched off. Therefore I did not know that the movie is loved for the helplessly and vulnerability of the poor monster in the human world. But Livio does not just tell this story, he goes beyond by testing our perception. And that he did well, os obvious with my first reaction. I must be the creature! ;)



Today is the opening. Come, enjoy and become the creature. And better read the provided note cards if you are not familiar with the plot.

Refuge of the Creature

Opening today, Saturday March 15th at 1 PM SLT

feat.  DJ Violette Oakleaf
Pizza and beer free.

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA11/128/123/21

No comments: