2014-08-12

Stairway to Heaven


The meaning about Angels is for sure very controversial. For some they are helpful guides and protectors, for others they are just a fairytale and do not exist.


Abel Paulino, Adreano Constantine, And Silverblade, Cullum Writer, deborakaz, Nino Vichan, Pol Jarvinen and Sunset Quinnell as artist and organizer contributed to this installation. Walking through my feelings where mixed not just because I liked some works more and others less.


I suddenly understood that images of beings who are energies in our life easily can reflect the pictures we had in our imagination as children about god and angels and so fast look less serious to us. From that perspective it is smart to disallow images of "god" as happens in Islam or Zen Buddhism.


Nino Vichan pulls us back to earth and combines beautiful classical drawings with shocking facts.


The music at the installation has been composed for this event by And Silverblade. It creates a relaxing and contemplating atmosphere as the whole exhibition.

Taxi: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA4/128/127/801

4 comments:

Apmel said...

"I suddenly understood that images of beings who are energies in our life easily can reflect the pictures we had in our imagination as children about god and angels and so fast look less serious to us."

As it should be since they are childish notions.

Lucy said...

Why am I not surprised to read that from you? ;)

Eddi Haskell said...

I believe in Angels. I want to tell you a true story. In 1985, I was sitting in our kitchen at home on eastern Long Island watching Hurricane Gloria bend trees outside with wind gusts well over 100 miles per hours. Some voice told me, and it was no one at home -- my parents were actually in another room -- to get out of the kitchen now. I distinctly remember it. I left, and right when I left, a wind gust picked up a huge glass window, and smashed it against the other side of the room. I would have been blinded or even dead from the impact. My parents came running in, saw that I was OK, and grabbed me to the basement. Looking back, sitting in a large pane window in a strong Hurricane is not a very smart thing to do, but I did not have much judgement back them. I was convinced that it was an angel who saved me and still am. There are forces that watch out over us sometimes. Thank you for this great article Quan!

Apmel said...

What a classic case of self fiddle Eddie!