2014-04-07

The Winning Uterus

A few days ago I chatted with Jedda Zenovka and she passed me a link by saying: "Look, I have a prize winning uterus   :O"


She took part of the UWA challenge "What makes us Human?" and won the 2nd prize. After the first laugh our chat became serious. Both of us gave birth to children. But Jedda lost her uterus because if cancer. That was the reason why she has chosen it for her artwork as a kind of self therapy. I fully understood. Some years ago I had a bad inflammation at a tube which brought me to hospital. I felt kind of useless and outdated in between all the pregnant women and those who just gave birth, which surprised me a lot. Jedda experienced the same. She said:  "The womb is where we are created as human beings, which fits to the title of the challenge. People don't understand  that even  though i have kids, the fact that my uterus is now defunct still matter to me. I'm glad I'm alive, I'm glad that the cancer is gone. Of course, that is important. But losing the health of such an important  of part me is upsetting to know that that part of my womanhood has gone but  hey   :) ...  here i am :) ... luckily^^...  ewoot ! ...  I hope  that   if some   else is  in the same place it serves as some hope. I know when i was first diagnosed I needed all the happy stories i could find to see me through  chemo and radiotherapy."

Thinking about Jedda's words and our mutual experience how much we identify with the role of our female bodies, all the pregnant women in SL came into my mind. I hate talking tummies as most people. But we never know which story is behind the decision to do something in the second life. And often the story behind is painful.  And maybe we are mostly worth to be called human when we tolerate instead of judging.

Read more about the UWA challenge: http://uwainsl.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/sean-tempest-jedda-zenovka-top-uwas.html

Taxi to the works: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/UWA/164/178/23

No comments: